Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer

Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer
  • Prints, Copies & Scans
  • Prints Lab-Quality Photos In 28 Seconds
  • Uses Convenient 2-Cartridge, 6-Ink System
  • 5100 ALL IN ONE PRINTER

I am so happy with my new 5100. I got my new printer at Walmart for $99, after finding the ink cartridges I needed for my old Lexmark were going to cost me over $70 for color and black. I have not really been happy with my Lexmark print quality and the printer drank ink. I was very motivated to try the Kodak.

My first impression, out of the box, was the complexity of the install. I read through all the instructions before getting started and was very glad that I know something about computers. Kodak might consider making installation a bit easier, because it was quite a chore. I had problems getting the printer to print the page that calibrates the printer. I was glad for the printer paper that was included. I would have been in trouble without it.

Once installed, I started testing my printer. I printed one 4X6 photo, a 25 sheet report, 150 business cards, 6 pieces of sheet music and my tax forms for 2007. My ink is STILL showing at 100%. The print quality was excellent. I was able to print all my docs in draft mode and they look great. Draft mode on my Lexmark was grainy and looked washed out. I was so amazed at the crispness of the colors. Plus, printing is nearly twice the speed of my Lexmark. The pages shot out so fast, it startled me a bit.

The paper tray is annoying a bit. It is a fold out piece that fits up into the paper tray. If this piece is not folded out, your papers end up on the floor. Folded out, it seems very flimsy and some care must be taken to make sure it does not break. If you break it off, you will have nothing to catch your papers with.

The printer is a bit noisy. It is rather loud when it is printing and from time to time, just seems to come on by itself. I think it is cleaning the printer head.

I am also concerned about the cost of a replacement head. I says the head is permenant but no printer head has ever been created that lasts forever. The cost of a replacement head could be quite high, as with other models that have separate heads/inks (ie: cannon multijets) But with the ink costs so low, as long as the printer head lasts for a good number of pages, it will be so worth not paying $70 for ink. I will keep printing and see how it goes. If something changes, I will record it here but for now, I am totally happy with my new printer.

Overall, I give the Kodak 4 STARS!!!

LEAnderson

Buy Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer Now

So I turn on my printer this morning, had to print a couple of vacation pics real quick to give to someone... but once again, this printer refuses to print one of its colors... This time, the yellow seems to be "stuck".

This printer might be great for people who print every single day (although I''m not sure it makes a difference, just conjectures...). Here''s where I think the good reviews come from: when you first open the package and start printing, it does exactly what it''s advertised for: great photo printing quality on the photo paper in the dedicated tray, while descent printing of letter size document. The scanner is on par with the $99 Canons you can get, and the "photocopy" function that scans + print all in the push of a button is a great time saver for daily office work...

... BUT ...

If you don''t print for a couple of weeks, you can be pretty sure that the ink will get stuck and the printer will be unusable. Doing all the trouble shooting, head cleaning stuff from the provided maintenance software won''t help. The only thing that WILL help is to get a replacement print head from the tech support via phone. Granted, they''re very useful, friendly, and will ship you a new head at no cost, with extra ink cartridges for free... But you''ll have to do that every time you don''t print anything for more than a few days. To me, that qualifies as a buggy piece of junk not ready for production. From the other comments, and how easy it is to get a replacement from customer service, it''s obviously a known issue...

On top of that, on OS X, they''re some obvious USB connection problems on the software level... Checking ink levels will randomly disconnect all USB devices on your Mac, you have to plug/unplug your USB devices (such as keyboard... mouse... whatever''s the flavor of the day...) and hope you don''t have to restart...

So, yeah, when it works it''s a great printer.... but that''s 5% of the time you use this junk.

You''ve been warned!

Read Best Reviews of Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer Here

KODAK 8290207 5100 EASYSHARE ALL-IN-1 PHOTO PRINTER

I have had this printer since January of this year and it has been nothing but problems. Takes too long to ever get started performing but that is not the worst problem. It never did scan right, then it just quit printing so I contacted the company for help and as now am waiting to get a printer head from them that is supposed to fix it but I have my doubts. I am getting ready to just trash it and go back to my old HP.

Want Kodak 8290207 5100 Easyshare All-In-1 Photo Printer Discount?

Yes, the ink is cheap and your printer may even work for several months to a year. But the printheads on these things just break down. When I call Kodak for support they tell me this is normal. Kodak printheads "go bad," as Kodak''s tech support says, as if these things are like little cartons of milk. I''ve had to replace two in two years. And I use normal paper, Kodak ink, and print about 20 pages a month. This machine is a cheap piece of junk. You may save money on ink, but you''ll spend it on replacement printheads. Eventually you''ll spend it on a more reliable printer, which you should have bought in the first place.

I am going to give the basic problems I have encountered with this printer. There are many but this will be the last KODAK printer I will ever buy. 1st, I got it on sale for around $70. I thought it was a steal compared to others with these features. I have owned it for over a year now and it has been a nightmare. You constantly run out of ink. I print an average of 10 pages a week, sometimes a little more. This thing ran out of ink monthly, as if it were on a timer. I found out the ink replacement cartridges have a chip. WOW, way to go Kodak, you found a way to make a ton of back end money. 2nd biggest problem is that it prints certain fonts poorly. Forget about fine print, it is horrible. The biggest problem is the ink system delivery. It just doesn''t work well. After a few months it seemed to dry and cause problems.

Save yourself the time and effort. Don''t buy this machine. Used it isn''t worth the postage or gas to pick it up. Total garbage.

Kodak stick to camera''s and software. The software you get with the printer is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment