Sharp AM-900 Digital Office Laser Copier, Printer, Fax, and Scanner

Sharp AM-900 Digital Office Laser Copier, Printer, Fax, and Scanner
  • Copies, prints, faxes and scans
  • Up to 12 ppm print speed, up to 600 x 600 dpi resolution
  • Reduces and enlarges copies from 25 to 200%
  • 600 dpi scan resolution, 9,600 dpi enhanced
  • USB 2.0 interface; PC compatible

This is a great multifunction unit. I upgraded it from a brother 4600 unit which I have been using for several years. The flatbed copier is a great feature. Now I can copy anything at home, not limited to only paper. Another excellent feature is that it can do batch copy as well batch fax. Scan is not ready to scan photos, but very good to scan document or drawing.

one drawback, it does not come with a photo, so if you want to share the fax line with your phone line, an additional phone needs to be attached to this machine in order for manual receving.

Another drawback, I have a WiFi router wiht USB printer port, but it does not work with this printer. However, it could be the router''s fault.

For a price around $200 after rebate, this is an excellent choice for a home office.

Buy Sharp AM-900 Digital Office Laser Copier, Printer, Fax, and Scanner Now

I would like to advise all current and potential owners of this model that Sharp does not post the drivers for the AM-900 on their website. Sharp will, however, charge you twenty-five dollars for a disk containig the driver software. (With shipping, my total was just under thirty-seven dollars). So, although I cannot speak to the printing quality of this model (my company has only one of these, and we just repurchased the driver software, so I therefore have not had a chance to fairly evaluate the printing charactresitics of the AM-900), I cannot recommend an all-in-one that requires a repurchase of the driver software (if you did not store the original in a safe place). Therefore, I suggest to current owners that you make a backup so you do not have to repurchase the driver software like I did.

Read Best Reviews of Sharp AM-900 Digital Office Laser Copier, Printer, Fax, and Scanner Here

It is a LASER all-in-one, and It works: printing, copying, faxing, scanning.

BUT, it is not a good one.

1. I need to plug/replug the usb cable to wake it up when I want to print.

2. the printing speed is slow.

3. it is noisy when It is working.

I bought it at $70 when it is on sale. If you need to pay $200 for this all-in-one, you may get better one with this money.

Want Sharp AM-900 Digital Office Laser Copier, Printer, Fax, and Scanner Discount?

I''ve had this for a month now. It is reasonable but the driver seems to act up on me and I tried it on 2 different computers. Sent an email to sharp but they did not respond. It also keeps my computer for cleanly shutting down. I would have returned it if I still had the box.

I would not recommend buying this printer. Mine is only 4000 copies old, has already gone through 3 toner cartridges, and emits a high-pitched earsplitting squeal when printing. Since it was still under warranty, I got Sharp to exchange it. Sharp customer service is fast and pleasant, but the problem remains unsolved. The replacement (refurbished) machine is even louder.

I can''t pinpoint the origin of the noise, except to say it is not the scanner unit. My guess is either the paper exit roller or the drum. The drum is not guaranteed, but should certainly last longer than 4000 copies. It also eats large quantities of toner while producing copies that are way too light. It is also considerably slower than the 12 sheets a minute it is rated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment