HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer Save 15% off

HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
  • Professional color for a low cost per page
  • HP ePrint-print virtually anywhere using your smartphone or tablet
  • Use the 2.65" touchscreen to access business apps and manage print jobs

A week ago I bought my first-ever Apple product, a New iPad, having used PC''s since 1987. On Monday I installed a new modem and router and 46" Samsung Smart TV for the facilitation work I do in my conference room, used the setup for 2 meetings on Tuesday, and today, Friday, installed this wireless printer. My goal: to be able to facilitate the meetings with my iPad using the TV instead of big sticky note paper and markers, and print the reports and hand them to attendees at the end of the meeting. I just wireless-printed my first set of documents from the HP 6600 with my iPad, viewing it from the TV -this is so cool! It works! I would give it 5 stars except for the fact that I''ve only used it once with my iPad -no "track record," so to speak, yet. The setup and installation for the 6600 was easy and I''ll use it with both my iPad and my 5-year-old Sony laptop. I''ve used and trusted HP laser and inkjet printers since the early ''90s, so I''m looking forward to a similar great experience with this printer.

**Edit, 5/29/12: I''ve been using this printer almost exclusively now since I bought it. It prints envelopes with no problem, something I have always had to fight with my HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One to do consistently. It does everything I want it to do. I''m now giving it 5 stars.

Buy HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer Now

We purchased this printer to replace a Canon Pixma that finally bit the dust after an epic paper jam.

Set-up was amazingly quick and easy. Our Brother and Canon printers seemed to take a good hour.

The printer is bigger than our Canon and appears more substantial. The menu display on the machine is colorful, sharp, and easy to read. While printing is a bit noisier than our previous printer, I don''t think it is loud enough to be an issue. The printer seems fast and print quality is excellent. This machine seems very user-friendly.

Printing from the iPad is easy, you just email the document or pic to the printer''s own email address. It usually starts the print job less than a minute after you send it.

We have not tried the fax or scanner utilities yet, so I can''t comment on those.

The only con I can think of is the printer ink price, which is a lot more than what we paid for Canon ink. We frequently bought generic ink for the Canon, which saved a lot of $. As this printer is new, there are no generic ink equivalents that I have seen. Hopefully, this will happen soon. Until then, we''re forced to use genuine HP ink. You may want to keep this in mind if you''ll be doing a very high volume of printing. Considering the quality and the impression that it should last a number of years, I think our moderate use of the printer is worth the ink cost.

Update 8/11/12

Well, we have been using this printer very light to moderate over the past three months and it just developed a "Missing or Failed Printhead" error and refuses to print. We are waiting for response from HP customer service via email. In the meantime, I''m knocking my review down to 3 stars. :(

Update 8/25/12

After working with HP customer service through email it was determined the printer head failure was a hardware problem and they offered to replace the printer. We found it quicker to take it back to the store and have it exchanged. The new one is working fine so far. In the meantime, knocking our rating up to 4 stars.

Read Best Reviews of HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer Here

I ordered this to replace an old HP 5500 that quick working after many years of service. This printer was much faster than my old printer and provides good printed pages. The scanner is very fast. All at a good price for my home office.

Want HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Wireless Color Photo Printer Discount?

Normally, I buy stuff in brick and mortar when it''s urgent and I check on amazon about the reviews before I pick it up. I did not do so this time as I had a "scan emergency" at my new place and needed to get something digital to someone fast, like that day. So I went to my local Best Buy and didn''t go online to check reviews. I should have. Printer blows like a fan. I''ve been using it intermittently to print for about 2 months, nothing heavy-duty, and I''m already out of black ink. "WTF," you say? Well, it gets better: I''m out of black ink and order a cartridge from Amazon.com. I mainly need it to print b&w documents anyway, not color. I pop in the black in and start printing b&w only papers..."ding!" I''m out of yellow. I''m like, "wait, what?" I''d only been printing black, how can I have depleted yellow? Oh, and guess what: I can''t print b&w without the yellow cartridge getting replaced now. And the cartridges, lemme tell you, are NOT cheap.

I had an HP printer once before: you could print with that thing until the b&w printouts were grayer than my grandmother''s hair. Only when YOU decided you''d hit the wall in terms of readability did you have to get a new printer.

I''m going to try to take it back to BBY now. I don''t do one-star reviews often, but avoid this and other HP printers at all costs!

Save 15% off

Bought the HP6600e about 10 days ago and it has been just great to use. Wireless sets up in a breeze and so do connections for fax. Runs great, no paper jams (like my previous printer that I wouldn''t recommend to my worst enemy). I was able to connect it to my laptop and to my smartphone also extremely easily. Worth every penny

0 comments:

Post a Comment