Hp 1040 Inkjet Fax Machine W/built-in Telephone Handset - Print Scan & Send Faxes!

Hp 1040 Inkjet Fax Machine W/built-in Telephone Handset - Print Scan & Send Faxes!
  • Receive within 1-5 Business Days!
  • Fax1040 Thermal Inkjet Plain Paper Fax
  • FAX - STAND-ALONE MACHINES
  • Manufacturer''s limited one-year warranty.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! HP HAS RECALLED IT AS A FIRE HAZARD IN JAN. 2012. HP IS OFFERING UP TO $100 CREDIT TOWARD THE COST OF A REPLACEMENT PRODUCT.

Buy Hp 1040 Inkjet Fax Machine W/built-in Telephone Handset - Print Scan & Send Faxes! Now

Normally, when I had to fax a document, I would take it to work and use the machine we have there. When the telephone on my desk at home broke, I decided it was time to check into a fax machine of my own. This model was on sale at Office Max for $80, so I took the plunge. Fortunately, this was just in time for a lot of faxing in preparation for a new job out of state and the sale of the house after we moved. For me, it has proven to be a good buy in terms of convenience.

Pros: 1)The documents I send or receive are of good quality. 2)I can make photocopies of documents on this, meaning I no longer have to drag out the flatbed scanner, scan the document and print them. 3)I can fax legal sized documents with just a few programming keystroke changes. 4)Programming is fairly easy and rarely needs to be changed. 5)The telephone, although corded, works well and has clear reception; better than many cordless handsets.

Cons: 1)The ink cartridge is pricey; between $20-$25 the last time I had to buy one and it is relatively small. I don''t use this often, but it seems I have to replace it once per year or so. 2)I have to be careful that when feeding the sheets in, to ensure it does not grab more than one. 3)As with any fax machine, it takes up more real estate on my desk than a regular phone.

I''m very pleased overall and would recommend it for someone in need of a fax machine.

Read Best Reviews of Hp 1040 Inkjet Fax Machine W/built-in Telephone Handset - Print Scan & Send Faxes! Here

(I use this at work did not buy thru Amazon)

This machine is not that old and has a problem dealing with multiple pages. Not a roller problem. More like a brain problem. I''ll have to look at the recall to get credit on a newer model. Very frustration when both pages go through together!!

Want Hp 1040 Inkjet Fax Machine W/built-in Telephone Handset - Print Scan & Send Faxes! Discount?

I bought this facsimile (fax) machine several years ago and have used it without problem. It sends and receives faxes well. You have the option of setting it on several modes, e.g. fax only, TAM (telephone answer mode where it will NOT interfere with your telephone answering machine, but recognizes when the call is a fax and will receive it), etc. This is a big plus if you use this machine on a telephone line which has a telephone answering machine connected to it. However, in the February 2012 issue of "Consumer Reports," they mention that this unit is subject to a recall because of an electric issue that can cause a fire. Hewlett Packard recommends disconnecting the fax machine from the electrical outlet immediately. Hewlett Packard does offer a $100 rebate for a new unit at their website

0 comments:

Post a Comment