Epson 8.5 x 11" Hot Press Bright Smooth Matte Paper (25 Sheets) Save 5% off

Epson 8.5 x 11'' Hot Press Bright Smooth Matte Paper
  • 25 x Sheets

This is a superb paper for both color and monochrome inkjet printing, but because I generally prefer a lustre or glossy surface for my color work, I will discuss this paper only in connection with black & white printing, for which Hot Press Bright has become my "go to" paper. Hot press bright has an extremely smooth, bright white matte surface exhibiting very rich, deep blacks, excellent sharpness, and a long, smooth tonal scale. Unlike other matte papers I have tried I find that Hot Press Bright exhibits minimum curl and loads relatively easily into the rear manual paper feed with a minimum of jamming. The paper''s weight is substantial without being overly heavy. I find that Hot Press Bright is a perfect fit for my personal photography which primarily consists of landscapes, interiors and graphics with an emphasis on line, form, and spatial relationships. Photographers whose work focuses on people may prefer a slightly warmer paper such as Hot Press Natural. Because inkjet print quality is so closely tied to the printer, profile, ink, and paper combination in use, as well as the accuracy of monitor calibration, I can only vouch for my own system setup which consists of a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard, an Eizo Monitor utilizing the manufacturer''s calibration software in conjunction with a Spyder2 Colorimeter, an Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer utilizing Epson Ultrachrome K3 inkset, and Epson''s built in Advanced Black & White print mode. In short I don''t think you can go wrong with this very excellent paper from Epson.

Save 5% off

0 comments:

Post a Comment