Brother HL-4040cdn Color Laser Printer with Duplex and Networking

Brother HL-4040cdn Color Laser Printer with Duplex and Networking
  • Up to 21ppm color and monochrome printing
  • Built-in duplex printing
  • Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
  • Print directly from a USB flash memory drive or PictBridge-enabled camera
  • High capacity replacement toner cartridges

This printer will tell you when you are out of toners and need new ones. And when you are out with just one of the color toner, this printer will not allow you to print anything until you replace it with the new toner.

So here is how to override these problem, and you decide when the toner needs to be changed... and not the printer.

1. Slide out the toner trays and put a piece of black electrical tape over the sensors on each color toner. This will make the print think that it has full toner.

2. If you already see "Replace Toner" messages, just RESET it by opening the front COVER and pressing CANCEL and REPRINT together. Scroll up and down to reset desired toner.

3. If you think you have more life and juice left on its drum and laser parts, just reset it and forget it! Open the COVER, and hold down GO and hit UP (+) button. Scroll through the menu to select and reset!!!!

After the "replace toner" message, I reset the counter, and I have printed over 2000 more pages on a same cartridge. But be aware! You will start to see some "sprinkles of toners" on your pages as they are way over used.

Buy Brother HL-4040cdn Color Laser Printer with Duplex and Networking Now

I researched and found that cartridges for this machine are a lot cheaper than those for HP''s and the toner that comes with the printer has a page yield of 1500 color and 2500 b&w. The Hp''s came with toner that had only 750 page yield then you had to pay approx $140 for the toner cartridges for replacement when with this one you can purchase toner cartridges for right around $70 which is half the price with more page yield. So far I have printed 450 pages on the starter cartridges and the toner amount has not lowered and the print quality is excellent!

Read Best Reviews of Brother HL-4040cdn Color Laser Printer with Duplex and Networking Here

I purchased the Brother HL-4040CDN in June 09, after reading all the reviews I could find. Some people mentioned a problem printing envelopes but I thought that was just a random problem;but soon found that every envelope I printed was creased and wrinkled. I tried every Printer Properties option envelope type, paper type, thicker paper, etc. I researched all the Brother website troubleshooting help for printer, paper feeding and envelope issues, and tried it all. Nothing worked. Then, I went to Solution Center, FAQs: "envelopes wrinkle and crease" I found this one thing that helped tremendously. Very insignificantly listed as the last option: Open the back door of the printer and move the Envelope levers down, these are two grey levers next to the green levers on the fuser unit. Make sure to leave the grey levers down for envelope printing only. When done printing envelopes return the grey lever to the original position or UP position for use with regular paper.

It is very inconvenient to open the back door and move the grey levers every time I need to print an envelope, so I have found that leaving the grey levers down has not caused a problem printing on paper.

Hope this helps someone. It sure helped me, and would have saved me lots of time and envelopes.

Want Brother HL-4040cdn Color Laser Printer with Duplex and Networking Discount?

first, everybody else is right: great solid construction, prints fast after initial warm up, toner cartridge price is reasonable. The initial cartridges that come with it seem to be lasting OK. Price is right.

I''m just going to list some downsides here:

1)plan are doing an setup of about a half hour to 45 minutes, it involves a lot of unpacking, inserting components, and removing shipping pins and installing software. No big deal there.

2)the colors printed are not going to be exactly what you envisioned, a graphic of a nice red stop sign is going to more of a pastel, maybe even purplish, a green will be muddy, the only primary color that will be close is yellow. I know this is a product of CMYK printing, but keep this is mind if you''re doing brochures.

3)pages have a heavy curl to them after printing. Not really a problem with standard paper, but if you''re using card stock (like I use for door hangers), you have to go to the effort of trying to uncurl them before reinserting them back in the tray to print the other side, otherwise you''re looking at a paper jam. This wasn''t an issue with my older b/w laser, so I was totally surprised by this.

again: great printer, good price (although I bought it from amazon at $275 and now it''s at $359, not sure what happened there) just be aware of the issues I had

I needed a laser printer to create DVD album covers, which often includes graphics and high quality photos. Overall this was a great printer but it didn''t have the print quality I needed. It was easy to set up on my Mac and relatively quick to print something. My main problem with this printer was the print quality for pictures. I ended up taking the Brother 4040cdn back and getting a HP CP2025. The HP CP2025 isn''t as fast as the Brother 404cdn but the print quality blows it away.

Also, the Brother 4040cdn created pressed lines into my presentation paper from the rollers used to pull the paper through the printer, also something that I couldn''t accept. Regular printer paper seemed to be come through with no lines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment