Lexmark X4850 Wireless 802.11g All-In-One Dual Cartridge Inkjet Printer (16Z0000)

Lexmark X4850 Wireless 802.11g All-In-One Dual Cartridge Inkjet Printer
  • Wireless Printing - Users gain freedom and flexibility with built-in 802.11g wireless technology.
  • Print - Fast Speed Up to 30 ppm black and 27 ppm color printing.Save paper, money and the environment with built-in two sided printing.
  • Copy - 1-Touch PC-free copying (color or black).Up to 27 cpm black and 21 cpm color(6)
  • Scan - Flatbed scanner easily handles thick books, reports and more.48-bit color scanner depth; 16-bit grayscale.
  • Direct photo printing with memory cards, USB Flash drive or with PictBridge enabled camera.

Worthless piece of junk ever. Forget trying to troubleshoot any problems with this printer as the instructions are NOT useful and I don''t want to sit on the phone for three hours. Error after Error with this printer. Wi-Fi works about 30% of the time. Hard-wiring this printer works only about 60% of the time. By something else.

Buy Lexmark X4850 Wireless 802.11g All-In-One Dual Cartridge Inkjet Printer (16Z0000) Now

I bought this printer at Sam''s club (under $100) to replace another wireless machine an HP Photosmart psc 2510 that was worked successfully for several years.

The full installation process takes well over half an hour. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the wireless function working, despite many attempts and installing/uninstalling/reinstalling on two different computers. Lexmark live text support was very responsive, but after several hours of back and forth with them over the course of two days there were unable to get it going. In the end, the printer was accessible on my wireless network (I could ping it and log onto its URL) but it just stubbornly refused to print via wireless.

The machine did print reliably when connected via USB cable. Nice graphics, although fairly slow to spool up and to finish printing. Also, their software seems to enjoy putting annoying pop-ups on the screen.

Lexmark finally suggested that I give them remote control over my machine, but I was unwilling, considering that I would have to repeat the process on at least four different machines (2 desktops and two laptops).

It just shouldn''t be this hard to install a printer. I finally boxed up the thing and took it back.

They can call me when they have a better product.

Read Best Reviews of Lexmark X4850 Wireless 802.11g All-In-One Dual Cartridge Inkjet Printer (16Z0000) Here

This printer took a turn for the worse. From the moment it was taken out of the box it was seemingly a great printer for the money. It printed high quality photos, scanned in great detail, and was simple to set up. Well, at least for the first month. From there on out the printer started slowly having issues. It first started making noises as if something possessed the machine and were about to print out a 100-page document. However, at least it was still capable of performing all of its functions. After unplugging it for the first time from the initial install the printer went haywire. It would connect to my computer, but for some reason would not print anything i sent to it. After spending many hours on their website and talking to their customer service I was still unable to make any progress. After giving up on the life of the printer I plugged it back in to see if it could at least scan documents. I should have known I was in for a repeat of hours of wasted time and absolutely no progress. Let alone the the technical issues with the printer, it is impossible to refill the ink for this printer. Thus, you have to buy a ridiculously overpriced cartridge that cost as much as buying a brand new printer. Thankfully i bought this printer at a discounted price, but I would like to inform anyone else looking to buy this printer to not purchase this product.

Want Lexmark X4850 Wireless 802.11g All-In-One Dual Cartridge Inkjet Printer (16Z0000) Discount?

I saw some reviews indicating that they had trouble with the wireless, given that I am very Tech Saavy, I was not concerned. It was actually simple to configure and only took about 10 minutes. The print quality is great, but I think that applies to most. I like the duplexing feature and there are large ink cartridges available too. My guess is that some people had problems configuring wireless due to security on their router, but following the directions should prevent issue. P.S. Super fast printing a big improvement over my old printer.

How about a pop-up once a week? you ink is low, for about 2 months.

How about anther pop-up? did you know you can recycle your ink

How about another? time to order more ink.

Not to mention the 5 calls to tech support, and I only get it to print about 1/3rd of the time. Save your money. Buy a print server and a real printer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment