iGage Weatherproof Paper 8.5"x11" - 50 Sheets

iGage Weatherproof Paper 8.5''x11'' - 50 SheetsWe run a land surveying company on the rainy Oregon coast. This paper allow us to print maps from either inkjet or laser printers and take it into the field no matter what the conditions. No more soggy, muddy copies.

I purchased the paper for use in geocaches, don''t know about geocaching? Google it! The log sheets in caches are handled by many , folded and refolded and often exposed to the elements. I use a Canon Pixma 4000 inkjet imprinter with genuine Canon ink to print a full color log sheet. After some experimentation I have found the paper to be very tough. It is thicker than normal paper, and much more durable, it won''t tear, which is perfect. The problem is with the ink absorption. The ink doesn''t get absorbed completely. I''ve tried different settings, allowing the paper to rest after printing, for hours, all with the same results...ink all over my hands.

Fine images also don''t print with good resolution either, with the ink "pooling" and bleeding fine elements of graphics together.

I am going to try different ink jet printer to see if I can get better results. I am disappointed in the performance thus far. I will update if results change.

Buy iGage Weatherproof Paper 8.5"x11" - 50 Sheets Now

This paper worked very well for me. I have printed maps and satellite photos of hiking trails on this paper using my inkjet printer. The images look great. Out of curiosity, I tested its weatherproof-ness by running it under the faucet. The only way I could get a little ink to run was if I heavily rubbed an area with my thumb while under running water. But even then, the image didn''t smear because the loosened ink didn''t re-adhere to the paper. This paper is also very strong and resists tearing. If you try to rip it like normal paper, it will only stretch a bit. Folds easily.

Read Best Reviews of iGage Weatherproof Paper 8.5"x11" - 50 Sheets Here

I just got through testing this paper for use creating topo/hiking trail maps with a very inexpensive Canon Pixma IP 2600 inkjet printer. The cartridges used were OEM Canon PG-40 and CL-41 (not refilled). Print results are good and durability outstanding. I didn''t have ink absorption problems that were reported by another Canon user whose printer uses different Canon cartridges.

After printing my first test map, I placed it under the faucet and ran water over it then rubbed it dry using a dish towel. It still looked good so I went onto an abrasion test. I scrubbed it with a wet Scotch Brite green. No problem! At lunch time I started my counter cover test by smearing peanut butter and grape jelly over it when making a sandwich. After washing the map with my dishes in detergent, it was good as new.

Evening time it became my cutting board when I cut meat and vegetables for a stir fry. Washed with the dishes again and the map looks fine. This mornings test did it in. Although I was able start the fire in my wood stove with the 8 1/2 by 11 map, I can no longer read it.

Want iGage Weatherproof Paper 8.5"x11" - 50 Sheets Discount?

I use this paper primarily to (1) print out trail maps for hiking trips and (2) make log pages for geocaches that I place. This paper has worked perfectly for both uses. It''s rugged and definitely waterproof, but still runs through my printer easily and can be written on with pen (although pencil is a little tougher). Great stuff overall, and a great value compared to Rite in the Rain products I''ve used before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment