Brother MFC-440CN Photo Color All-in-One Printer with Networking

Brother MFC-440CN Photo Color All-in-One Printer with Networking
  • Color multi-function unit with networking capabilities prints, copies, scans, and faxes
  • Features a flip-up, 2-inch color LCD and versatile flatbed design
  • Up to 25 ppm black and 20 ppm color print speed; up to 18 cpm black and 16 cpm color copy speeds
  • Up to 19,200 dpi (interpolated) resolution of scanned images
  • Dimensions: 15.7 x 7.1 x 14.6 in. (WxHxD); weighs 17.9 pounds; 1-year warranty

I have no complaints with this product. It amazes me a device with so many features for such a low cost can produce the quality of images of the Brother MFC-440cn. It replaced (and improved the quality and speed) of three devices, and freed lots of room at the workstation. There may be more expensive devices that can produce higher quality images, but I can''t imagine the quality can improve much over what this can do. For 8x10 color images it is great. The scanning quality and speed is excellent for my needs. Throw in the fax and copy capability with a color LCD menu screen AND the ability to print directly from memory cards and you''ve got one fantastic and useful piece of equipment. I''ll have to get used to the included software, but it has some nice features as well as some minor quirks. Once you scan an image, it is not intuitive what you are supposed to do next. A small problem overall. Changing cartridges is the most convenient and simple process I''ve experienced on an inkjet printer. I would buy this device again.

Buy Brother MFC-440CN Photo Color All-in-One Printer with Networking Now

I used to use a Brother MFC-3240C, which is an excellent all-in-one, but due to the fact that the 3240C used the Super G3 fax protocol, I couldn''t use it to fax with my VoIP Internet Phone service. I needed one that uses the regular G3 fax protocol. I also wanted to upgrade to an all-in-one with a flatbed.

I originally went with an HP OfficeJet 6210 because it was on sale and I thought HP had a pretty good reputation. I was quickly disappointed by its performance. The scan speed on that thing was slow (about 45 seconds for 1 page at 200dpi), and the ADF made a huge noise ejecting each sheet of paper. After using my Brother MFC-3240 which scanned very fast, about 20 seconds per page, this was painful. I was not impressed with the scanning capabilities at all. The quality of the scanned images were also quite sub-par. I also ran into some technical problems with it running on Windows Vista, which HP proudly claims on their site that this the OfficeJet 6210 was "Certified for Windows Vista". Their technical support, however, said otherwise and that I should wait until their official software is available for Vista... ETA unknown.

I quickly returned the OfficeJet and decided to get the Brother MFC-440CN. It has all the features I''m looking for... an ADF with a flatbed scanner and a fax that was using the standard G3 protocol. First off, I love the color LCD screen. Besides the fact that it''s pretty, it makes navigating through menus much easier. The scanner is much faster too... about 20 seconds per page just like the MFC-3240C. The ADF is also much quieter than the HP OfficeJet. Scan quality is great... good enough for document archiving. I wouldn''t use it to scan high-res photos though.

Faxing over VoIP works perfectly, which I''m very happy about.

All in all, I''m extremely happy with the MFC-440CN! If you''re debating whether to get this or an HP OfficeJet, I definitely recommend the MFC-440CN.

Read Best Reviews of Brother MFC-440CN Photo Color All-in-One Printer with Networking Here

Not wanting to end up with yet another dissapointing printer, I did a lot of researching before purchasing the brother 440cn... It is better than I expected. Unlike some online review sites indicate, I find the print quality excellent, and it is faster than I am used to. It is very full featured and is economical for ink (even more so now that aftermarket cartdriges are available for it). I didn''t think I would care for the LCD screen, but I find it adds a lot to the ease of use. Its appearance is very balanced and conservative, not over stylized like some competing models. Looking at online pictures I thought it was black and gray, but it actually charcoal and dull silver... looks nice. The photo bypass tray is really handy to have, although you have to slide out the tray and change the position its much quicker than having to put in different paper each time you want to print a picture. If you are a demanding office user that needs your printer to crank out fifty page documents in record time, look elsewhere, but if you are looking for something easy to use and that does the job without paper jams or color problems due to ink drying out, this is a good choice.

Want Brother MFC-440CN Photo Color All-in-One Printer with Networking Discount?

I''ve always been a fan of Brother products. I currently own two of their laser printers and couldn''t be more pleased with the quality and features of the products compared to the price I paid. With the MFC-400cn, the features continue to impress, though the quality is sadly missing.

It wasn''t long ago when a typical home office would have a separate fax machine, printer, scanner and even a table-top copier. Thanks to technology, all of these functions are available nowadays in "all-in-one" units, such as the MFC-440CN. The benefits are obviously less overall space being taken up, not to mention less consumables to buy for each individual product.

Some of the things that impress me the most about the 440CN are the built-in networking (a necessity even for home users nowadays) and the automatic document feeder (ADF). In fact, the document feeder is what really got me interested in this product to begin with. I was impressed a product with such a low price for the home user would have an ADF. Overall, it works very well -you can put up to 10 sheets of paper (according to the manual, and I''ve fed up to 15 without any problem) in the ADF for scanning or copying.

The copy and fax functions work well -and the fax machine itself even supports color faxing, a relatively new feature that not many fax machines support. The copying is quick and the results are impressive for a home machine. Be warned though, that this machine does not have a duplexing feature so two-sided copies are a manual process.

Now, let''s talk about some of the not so good features of this printer. First, the paper tray. Brother had a great idea to put both the paper cassette and photo paper tray together. However, as I soon found out, that unlike my HP photo printer, the photo tray must be manually locked into place when you want to print 4x6 photos and then manually unlocked when you are done. It''s not a time consuming process, but it is something that you have to keep in mind and remember to do -luckily, I did not buy this MFC for the photo capabilities.

Second, the paper cassette itself is very flimsy. I was afraid I was going to break it when I was using it for the first time. The plastic is very thin and of low quality. I don''t expect it to stand up to the test of time and use.

One of the most confusing things about this printer is the menu system. You really have to be a master navigator to get around and setup all the options. I found myself giving up a few times trying to find basic settings (like where do I set the broadcast name for the FAX function). There is optional software you can install to do remote setup that works much easier than using the built-in menus.

Speaking of software, I will give Brother credit for supplying a Vista CD for those of us running Vista. However, the software itself is bloat-ware and doesn''t work exactly as advertised -I''m still trying to figure out how to allow Windows to receive automatic scans from the printer.

Overall, its a good BUDGET multi-function machine, but you should be aware of its drawbacks. I don''t expect this machine to last nowhere near as long as my other Brother products, and I hope that this machine isn''t representative of the quality that Brother is manufacturing nowadays.

My old one died (yes, error 41) and I needed a new one. Tired of Brother printers, I looked elsewhere only to find that they don''t work well on a home network. So here I am, back again, buying a Brother, the notorious waster of ink. Yet, it is great. It worked IMMEDIATELY on my home network with every computer MAC or PC in the apartment. No problems. Printing is clear, nice. "Relatively" fast. I love the fact that you can scan wirelessly to any computer in the house or have your faxes forwarded to your computer when they come in. Many great functions. I recommend going to inksoutlet.com and getting the multipack replacement cartridges for less than 4 bucks each cartridge. You''ll save a fortune as it is a Brother printer and they BLEEEEEED ink. But with a $30 multipack, you get 3 black and two of the others, so you''ll be good to go for a long time. Otherwise, the printer is great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment