Lexmark X7170 All-in-One Business Center with USB Cable (21H0281)

Lexmark X7170 All-in-One Business Center with USB Cable
  • Prints, scans, copies, and faxes in color
  • Lexmark Productivity Suite software
  • Up to 22 ppm black, 15ppm color
  • Up to 4,800 x 1,200 dpi print resolution
  • USB 2.0 interface, PC compatible

I own a Lexmark X5270 and love it. Unfortunately, it does not have a stand-a-lone fax capability, so I eagerly looked forward to getting the X7170. It prints a lot faster than the earlier model and has a document feeder, but it refuses to scan and comes with defective software (graphics programs couldn''t acquire an image). After 4 hrs., tech support was no help. The buttons on the machine didn''t work properly and even using the software on the computer was a hit or miss proposition. Do yourself a favor and look at another brand until Lexmark can get its act together.

Buy Lexmark X7170 All-in-One Business Center with USB Cable (21H0281) Now

I have no major complaints about this workhorse of a printer. In fact, when I had a problem with the USB cable that was included and contacted customer service, I was sent a replacement free of charge. It does a great copy of scanning, printing and faxing for everyday use. It even does an adequate job of printing photos as long as you exchange the color ink cartridge for a photo ink cartridge. I have a HP photo printer for my digital camera (which does an excellent job) but this one does in a pinch. This model has two ink cartridges: one black and one color, which helps save on replacement costs if you have a lot of document printing (as the single cartridge has to use of all of the colors to print out black text). The scanner bed lid has some heft to it and was not as flimsy as some of the other models. My only complaint is that it took a really long time (20 mins) for the software to load up. I haven''t had any operational problems and the life span of my cartridges are pretty good, especially compared to my old HP printer not to mention a lot cheaper for replacements. I really like the features of collating copies, auto feeder, easy enlargement and reduction, and especially the PicBridge connection easily located in the front. But the feature I love best is the easily loaded paper tray and the fact that I have yet to get a paper jam. I can highly recommend this Lexmark model to anyone who needs a 3-in-1 combination printer loaded with extras.

Read Best Reviews of Lexmark X7170 All-in-One Business Center with USB Cable (21H0281) Here

I bought this printer for home use. I did not require a work horse just something versatile and functional. This printer is good enough in all phases of operation to suit my needs. Text and graphics are good and print speed is adequate. I have not encountered any operational problems whatsoever. There are two cons: 1. The software does take awhile to install but functions fine. 2. I have a home network setup and the software won''t let you control some funtions such as scanning from the pc. Overall I am happy with my purchase.

Want Lexmark X7170 All-in-One Business Center with USB Cable (21H0281) Discount?

This printer is a waste! It looks good but the quality is horrible. It''s loud and slow, especially the fax. Lexmark printers are poorly manufactured. After trying to get my last one repaired I found out from a Lexmark customer service rep that most printers don''t last much more than 12 months. And instead of repairing them they just replace the printer. That should give you an idea of the quality. If you buy this make sure you get the 3 year warranty because you''ll need it!

Prints quickly, makes good copies and doesn''t take up too much space. It''s great to have only one machine sitting here instead of four. My only complaint is that the ink cartridges don''t last very long. We''re already on the third one and have only had the machine a few weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment