Brother Family Labeler (PT1090BK) Save 57% off

Brother Family Labeler
  • Portable, perfect for on-the-go use
  • ABCD keyboard layout -easy for the whole family
  • Ergonomic design with convenient Feature Dial
  • Easy-view, 12-character LCD display

This little machine is amazing! I don''t even know where to start. It''s packed with features, it''s fast, cheap and does everything as advertised. I bought it for my cabling projects and so far it has not let me down. It feels really comfortable in the hands, the keys are nice to the touch and the laminated labels are of great quality, also the sticker tape side of the label sticks really good, this is definitely a huge improvement over other labeling machines that I''ve used in the past.

Buy Brother Family Labeler (PT1090BK) Now

I''ll admit, this little booger was a little complicated to figure out at first. However, I think that''s just because it has SO MANY capabilities and options. Once you spend a little time getting to know it, it''s a really helpful and handy machine. I''m very pleased with it. It seems to be well-constructed, the buttons feel nice, it fits well in your hand and does exactly what I need it to do. The cable label option is very helpful, especially because it prints a little line to show you exactly where it should be folded over. For someone as anal-retentive as me (and probably most of the other people interested in a label maker), that''s a pretty fantastic and appreciated feature.

Read Best Reviews of Brother Family Labeler (PT1090BK) Here

I was really excited about this portable unit when I brought it home. Unfortunately agree with other reviewers that there is a learning curve, and I feel that it is not very intuitive. By this I mean that I have become accustomed to certain word processing symbols over the years such as delete or a back arrow for backspace. It took me forever to figure out that the "BS" button on this unit is for backspace. One would think that these initials would be common sense to figure out and my grandmother actually had an easier time figuring out which I believe is due to the fact that she does not and has not ever used a computer.

Also, I don''t know if it is just way more expensive to place the actual pictures under the pictograph option instead of giving codes such as A1 A2 A3 which require that you reference the guide unless you memorize virtually every picture/option. Once you have to bring a guide with you the unit suddenly becomes less portable. It would really improve things if they just placed the actual picture.

I didn''t think the 1 inch margin written in previous reviews would bother me but it REALLY does. In fact this is a deal breaker for me. Aside from being terribly wasteful(and tapes are not cheap) you then have to hand cut. This doesn''t seem like it would be a big deal but now you not only need to bring the guide around the house (or on the road or wherever you may need it) but you also need a pair of scissors. Moreover, unless you are a really skilled at cutting you don''t get a straight edge which RUINS the professional/clean look in my opinioncompletely defeating the purposed of not writing them out myself.

All I really needed was an entry level product. I literally only needed a nice black on white finish and it appears this unit can''t even get that right. First of all, the basic/plain design is not listed under the designs. For this reason, It took me a while (nearly an entire roll of tape) to figure out how to write a plain black on white label. (you don''t select any option at all). Again, this is not intuitive and not reasonable in my opinion. I expect 2-3 screw ups until I get it right but an entire roll for the most basic text? Even after I figure that out, the basic text even set at the largest size with no margins came out toward the top of the tape and was not centered (forgive me if there is a way to change thisbut I couldn''t find it). The designs were centered on the tape so why not the basic text? This is another deal breaker for me.

This product therefore did not meet the requirements for the most basic print on an entry level product. In my eyes brother really missed the ball on this. I would just assume pay the extra $ for somethings that can better meet my VERY BASIC needs. These design flaws could be easily fixed and hopefully Brother will do so at which point I would be a happy camper. But this unit is just not there yet. Will return.

Want Brother Family Labeler (PT1090BK) Discount?

First I agree with the other reviewer, that if you read through the instructions (which are in cheat sheet format) the device is pretty straight forward and you can get using quickly. As for wasting tape... if you set the margins to ''narrow'' the margin size is 1/6 of an inch which is hardly a waste. (Default margin setting is 1 inch.) There is a leader of about 1" because of the way the tape feeds through. I think those that are seeing wasted tape may have margins set at 1" which would result in 2" up front and one following. You can also eliminate the leader issue if you chain print several labels. It also prints two dots to mark where to cut the leader off so you have even margins on both sides which I found very handy. I did find that it keeps all settings between use. If you hit the clear button and select to clear Text&Format that it does clear all settings including margins and resets to factor defaults. So if you want to keep label size, margin size etc. you need to select to clear Text only. And finally I am not sure the problem folks have with batteries. No it does not come with an AC adapter. But it is a portable device and having a tail that needs to plug into a wall outlet seems to defeat that purpose so I am glad it uses batteries. If you are looking for an inexpensive labeling device I would recommend this one.

Save 57% off

I just received this label maker in the mail and printed off several labels. Great labeler, but be warned--it wastes a ridiculous amount of tape with each label. I printed off a 4 character label and it measured over 3 inches with over an inch before the printing starts and another inch after the label print stops. It''s apparent the manufacturer is trying to maximize the amount of tape used. Otherwise, the labeler works great and it''s packed full of features.

0 comments:

Post a Comment