DELL Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer Scanner

DELL Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer Scanner - REFURBISHED - 2225573
  • ConnectivityUSB 2.0 high-speed
  • Duty cycle (average)3,000 pages per month
  • Printer lifePrinter: 18,000 pagesScanner: 18,000 scans
  • Supports 2000/XP/x64/Vista

The good point is that it is user friendly. However,ever hear of those printers that use up ink like an old gas guzzler? Well, this is one of them. Every time I purchased this printer when I purchased my new Dell computer and am very disappointed. The advantage is that a pop up screen comes up every time you are low offering to order you more ink. You will become very familiar with that screen! The print quality is poor as well. I have no idea where all that ink is going but it is not going into the photos! I am seriously considering purchasing another printer even though this one is still functioning just to save money.

Buy DELL Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer Scanner Now

I had an HP Deskjet for 5 1/2 years. It was absolutely wonderful to me. I printed thousands upon thousands of pages through the printer and I understand why it gave up the ghost. So I was forced to buy something new. Low and behold DELL had this 926 out and about and I thought it looked good, had some great features with it, and it came from a reputable source.

I HATE THIS PRINTER!! Ever get in a tight jam where you HAVE to print something NOW?? Well don''t waste your breathe because chances are that this printer will mess you over at the worst possible time. 9 out of 10 times it is always low on ink. I just put a new ink cartridge in and it tells me I can print 100 pages or so until I have to replace the cartridge. THAT''S HORRIBLE. My OLD HP used to do 150,175,and sometimes 200 pages before I would have to dare replace a cartridge.

Everything everyone has said about this ink-guzzling, inconvenient printer is TRUE!! I''m now looking at an HP printer. Just fair warning to you. And if you are deadset on buying the DELL Photo 926, I''ll make you a great deal.

Read Best Reviews of DELL Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer Scanner Here

Everything everyone already said is true. This printer guzzles ink like there''s no tomorrow. It perpetually says paper jam when there isn''t one and it''s totally unreliable. Today, I started out with about 47 pages left to print (according to how much ink I have left), mind you I just changed the black ink. Well the paper is refusing to go past 1/4 of the sheet and nothing is printing. The paper just gets folded and stuck. Now I''m down to about 20 pages left when I haven''t even printed 1 sheet yet. The dell representative outsourced from India was absolutely no help. I think I need a new printer.

Want DELL Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer Scanner Discount?

A freshly opened black ink cartridge purchased from Staples did not last through printing a 120 page text only manuscript Times New Roman 12 PT which is no doubt why Dell gives these things away for "free". The lid was opened to see if the ink had run out and was pooled in the housing somewhere, but no it had not. The "free" printer was recycled along with the $17.00 ink cartridge. If you go to Dell''s site you can see a big picture of Michael Dell smiling. Really?

If you purchase this all-in-one printer prepare to dish out the cash for ink. I''ve had it less than a year and have purchased ink from dell (don''t worry the printer will remind you everytime you print something that ordering ink is just one click away) at least four times. Good thing ink prices aren''t as bad as gas prices right now. Also, the scanner on the device simply doesn''t work. I tried everything from reinstalling the hardware, reinstalling drivers, getting additional drivers from the dell website, contacting dell customer support, to doing a one-handed hand stand while simultaneously rubbing my belly and juggling seven tennis balls with my feet and the scanner simply wouldn''t work. The Dell support tech was stumped also. So in summary, watch out for this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment